Here are 8 reasons we think make Grace Dieu great:
To begin with, four educational reasons:
1. Our strong academic reputation – which is a result of small classes and specialist teaching in Sport, Music, Art, Drama and Languages.
2. More importantly, whilst our pupils excel academically this doesn’t come at a cost to a fully rounded education. Our focus is very much on developing the whole person, going far beyond just intellectual development. We place equal importance on developing every child’s physical, moral, spiritual and aesthetic development. Meaning that, as well as other vital character traits, our pupils develop confidence, courtesy, creativity and capability.
3. Our stunning setting, in 120 acres of idyllic parkland, gives children the space to grow, learn and play. We have the space, the specialist teachers (and not forgetting the animals!) to offer outstanding Outdoor Learning opportunities. All pupils benefit from Forest School lessons every week where they learn about the world around them, develop practical skills and can practice how to problem solve and effectively work as a team.
4. All of our sports facilities are on-site – including a swimming pool, sports hall and numerous outdoor courts and pitches – which allow more time for our pupils to enjoy swimming (each week), playing or competing!
And here are some more practical reasons too:
5. As an independent Prep School, our families have all options available to them when they come to choose senior schools. We can help families to not only make the right choice at the right time, but also to help their child to access their chosen school – we often have 100% of pupils winning places to their first choice senior school (as well as a good number of scholarships!)
6. We really are very family-friendly! We understand just how busy family life can be, so our Nursery is open 50 weeks a year and we offer flexible wrap around care from 7.30-6pm.
7. Our location, just 15 minutes from Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch and Loughborough, is easy to access and we have plenty of car parking for a stress-free school run. Or pupils can choose to use one of our School minibuses.
8. Our School fees are transparent, as we strongly believe it is important for parents to know, and to be able to budget for, the cost of educating their child at Grace Dieu. Unlike many other schools, wraparound care (8am-6pm) is included in the fees, along with the cost of lunch, all snacks, books and stationery.