Grace Dieu Manor School and Nursery are celebrating after receiving an ‘Outstanding’ inspection!
The quality and standards of Grace Dieu’s Early Years provision in the Nursery was rated as “Outstanding” in every category in the Inspection, undertaken by the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
“To be awarded ‘Outstanding’ across all areas of our Early Years provision, given that our Nursery has only been open for just over a year, is truly exceptional,” says Headmistress Mrs Margaret Kewell. “It is a testament to the hard work, dedication, enthusiasm and experience of all our staff – who have created a wonderfully nurturing and educationally stimulating early learning environment.”
The Nursery at Grace Dieu was rated ‘Outstanding’ in the ‘quality of teaching, learning and assessment’, ‘effectiveness of leadership and management’, ‘personal development, behaviour and welfare’, as well as ‘outcomes for children’. To read the report in full, please click here. Here are just some key highlights:
- “Children are inquisitive and eager learners, well prepared for their next stage of learning.”
- “Offers a stimulating breadth of experiences.”
- “The strong key person system ensures warm relationships and close bonds with children and their families.”
- “Nutritious food at lunchtime and tea time ensures that children have a balanced and healthy diet.”
- “Staff have a notably strong knowledge of individual children and devise enjoyable, interesting and age-appropriate activities that enthuse and challenge all children.”
- “Regular time is spent outdoors, on walks through the school grounds or in the garden, ensuring that children have fresh air and exercise in a safe environment.”
- “Children have extremely well-developed social skills for their age.”
- “Each child benefits from high-quality individual time with adults who ensure that they are safe, happy and secure.”
- “Parents have good opportunities to learn about their children’s progress.”
In addition to the outstanding ‘educational quality inspection’ in the Nursery, the School also successfully passed its ‘regulatory compliance inspection’. This inspection focuses on whether the School meets the standards required by the relevant regulations. Grace Dieu successfully and resoundingly met all of the standards required. This includes; ‘the quality of education provided’, ‘the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils’, ‘the welfare, health and safety of pupils’, and the ‘quality of leadership in and management of the School.’
“It is wonderful to see Grace Dieu’s excellence recognised – not just through this inspection, but also in our listing as the top prep school in Leicestershire by The Sunday Times,” concludes Mrs Kewell. “It really has been an exceptional year for the School and Nursery, and I am looking forward to building further on these successes in the coming months and years ahead.”