Uniform is an important part of School life. At Grace Dieu this begins with easy to wear, robust uniforms for our younger years – allowing them to play and move freely. In the older year groups, children learn when and how to take pride in their appearance and to look smart – which is an important part of preparation for adult life. At the same time, our pupils need clothes for Forest School – suitable ‘kit’ so that they can enjoy all aspects of their outdoor learning (including messing with mud!)
Parents are able to buy School uniform from:
The ‘Nearly New Shop’
Run by the Parents’ Association, the shop opens on Wednesday from 8.30am and 9.30am.
For a full list of uniform that can be purchased from Stevensons or the Nearly New Shop, please download our uniform list here.
Additional items that are required:
- Black shoes (not trainer styles) for all pupils and Training Shoes (Velcro fastening for Pre-Prep)
- Girls – need to wear tights (red for Pre-Prep, grey for Junior Prep) with the winter uniform and white socks with the summer uniform.
- The School Games kit is worn for both PE and Games’ lessons and the following safety equipment will be required for specific activities:
- Shin pads (Football and Hockey)
- Gum Shield (Rugby, Hockey)
- Box (Cricket)
- Football Boots are necessary for Rugby and Football and may also be worn for Hockey
- Trainers should be predominantly white, with non-marking soles
- Swimming costumes and swimming shorts should be navy blue and girls are required to wear a red swimming cap.
Parents, also please do remember:
- To mark all uniform items clearly with your child’s name
- Girls’ hair must be tied back neatly, hair accessories must be red (colouring and braiding is not permitted)
- Boys’ hair must be neat with no extremes of style or length
- Jewellery is not allowed except simple wristwatches and, where necessary, discreet ear studs for girls.